Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Muhammad
I didn't really enjoy this reading as much as some of the others. It really was just another explanation of God. I agree that it is a very similar explanation that the other western religions have for God. And it is interesting to look at the similarities of theses religions since we usually look only at the differences. All this time they have all been talking about and worshiping the same God, who knew? But to me that was all the reading was. In the other readings that we have looked at there seemed to be more truth and meaning and basic guidelines for living life to the fullest, for finding a deeper happiness and inner peace. I enjoyed the readings that I can apply to my own life and I couldn't really get anything out of this one. Except for the reminder that God is in everything, that he made everything and that when you know yourself you know God. Maybe I missed something in this one.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I think we are in a point in the semester when readings start to blend together. We are seeing the similarities rather than the differences in the readings so they sound familiar and repetitive. I agree with you too that it is good we are seeing similarities and focusing on that rather than the differences.

    ReplyDelete